The Ashland High School Site Council is a representative, school building-based committee established in accordance with Massachusetts General Laws Chapter 71, Section 59C. It provides an exciting opportunity for teachers, students, parents, and community members to join together to support the school principal in decision making. Each brings a different and mutually complementary perspective on school improvement goals and plans. School site council members don't just represent their own interests; they have an obligation to make decisions that will best serve the whole school community.
In summary, the role of the Ashland High School Site Council is to:
- Develop an improvement plan for the high school that is presented to
the School Committee for approval
- Improve the student handbook
- Serve as an advisor to the principal
Please see the 2016-2019 AHS School Improvement Plan for full details. At the high level, the plan aims to:
- Improve curriculum and instruction at AHS
- Address school climate issues, ensuring safety and discipline, and fostering greater respect and tolerance for differences at
- Preserve, monitor and create greater student opportunities for, and involvement in, extra-curricular activities
- Create a better, more efficient system to communicate with AHS parents
Congratulations to the following AHS community members who were elected to serve on the site council.
Betsy Emberley, Vice chair
All AHS Site Council meetings will be held at 4:00pm in the Principal's conference room except when a change of venue has been noted.
January 25, 2017
Site Council agendas and minutes are sorted below, in descending order, by their posting date. These files can also be sorted by category (Agenda, Minutes) by clicking the "Sort" option underneath the category heading.